Tuesday, November 11, 2008

WE HAVE COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, the WE above is just "I" but after two weeks of this blog up and running I finally shamed someone into posting a comment. Nothing too substantive, mind you, and anonymous, but a comment nonetheless. And it may be anonymous, but I have my suspicions on who it is. In any event, this is a momentous event for my blog and so I am inspired to continue this fodder. As I said yesterday, it helps me to clarify my own thoughts. If it perhaps is of entertainment value for someone else, that adds incentive for me. Mind you - entertainment value, not investment advice value. I hope to educate a bit but moreso hope to give everything financial a bit of a lighter side, as much as today's markets allow. I have no intention of providing advice.



Billboard News

I have said before and will again that I find the Bloomberg headlines a decent head check on the general economy and where things stand. Once again, little good news and increased issues in Asia (though one glimmer of light on China retail sales).


Asian Stocks Fall on Concern Economy is Worsening; Inpex, Fortescue Slide
China's Retail Sales Rise 22% as Financial Crisis Fails to Damp Spending
Pelosi Calls for `Emergency' Aid to Automakers as GM Falls to 65-Year Low
DoCoMo May Pay $1.5 Billion for Stake in Tata Teleservices, Sankei Reports
Crude Oil Trades Near 20-Month Low Below $59 a Barrel on Demand Outlook
Global Financial Markets Have Yet to `Bottom' After Rout, Jim Rogers Says
Gendell's Tontine Capital to Liquidate Two Stock Hedge Funds After Losses



I truly think that China is an important ally and that we need to work with them. They have been loyaly supporting us in our time of need, buying our Treasuries, but it may be time soon where we and others need to support them. It will be difficult, depending on the timing, but we need to be there for them - if we can. And therein lies the quandry - if we can.



Sorry folks, done for the night. Work is hectic now, which is a good thing.

1 comment:

CodyLe said...

Also, if we help them out, it gives them another reason not to manipulate our currency (could they have had this in mind when they were buying our Treasuries?).