Friday, April 3, 2009

Today Is A Good Day

Today I learned I am a father again. We are adopting from China a second time and this time it is a boy, which is extremely rare. He is a dapper and strapping lad, both at once. Any hoot, I will be focusing on my new family for a while so my posts will be a bit sparse. All I can really say is that I think the recent bounce is a dead cat bounce. My relative doom and gloom take has gotten less readers lately, which I assume is due to the market being up and people believing I am wrong. I am the first to hope I am wrong and they are right but the stats are not showing it.

It is late, and it was a very big day for me as I now can see my son's picture, but I will give you one tidbit to consider; prime mortgages are now leading sub-prime in numbers of delinquencies, not percentage. At the end of the day, these delinquencies in dollar terms can make subprime look small. Go figure -

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2009/04/occ-more-seriously-delinquent-prime.html

If you are not buying into this stat, please put Calculated Risk on your must do list. The stats there daily, including today, tell me the bottom is at best in sight but nowhere near.

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/

Disclosures: None