Friday, July 10, 2009

Pension Problems Royale!

Personally I have avoided reading much about pension problems as neither I nor my extended family are dependent on pensions. Nonetheless, the stress in this area of retirement savings is hard to ignore, especially with GM and Chrysler going through bankruptcy. I am just passing this on for those perhaps focused on pension issues. Good luck.

http://pensionpulse.blogspot.com/2009/07/jerseys-jitters-omen-for-public-plans.html

Like many economic pictures, not good.

Turtle Crossing?

An airport closed by turtles? Yes it is possible, apparenetly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5782121/JFK-runway-shut-for-crossing-turtles-delaying-flights-for-over-an-hour.html

If a plane take-off can be disabled by birds I suppose a landing could be interrupted by turtles, perhaps. My wife once stopped her car to save a family of turtles crossing the road. As she cleared one cars came by and ran over the others, mostly hitting the edge of the shells and sending them off into the roadside. Imagine, turtle after turtle shooting off into the distance as my wife tries do pull them off the road. And that, folks, is one of the reasons I love her.

Good night. No disclosures here unless you are investing in a turtle farm.

No comments: