Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Think About It

No commentary here, and this is a short post, but I just want you to think about it - are we creating a stimulus package bubble?

Consumer spending was apparently up 4% last month while incomes continued to decrease. Does not sound sustainable in my book but I am not the math guy.

This link suggests from stats that a double-dip recession is certainly possible. Personally, I think it is almost inevitable given the continuing debt load in the U.S. and elsewhere. The only question in my mind is the timing of the second dip - and on timing I have not been too acurate to date so do not look for any predictoins from me. I feel fairly certain it will happen, I just do not know when the government stimulus tank will run out of gas.

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2009/08/what-does-double-dip-recession-look.html

Disclosures: None.

No comments: