Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Off To Live In a Cave!

The markets are crazy. The government is crazy. Everything is crazy right now. I simply cannot figure out a rational way that the stock market is where it is today. And so I am giving up. I have bet with put options that we are irrational and probably will some more, but I am truly amazed at our ability to perservere in our inept investing ways. We have continued this rally much longer than it deserves. It will end, but I am giving up on when that will happen.

Then there are the conspiracy theories on the subject. A lot of thoughts about how certain companies or even the government may be painting the tape. On how there are ways the market can be manipulated. I did not initially buy into these but I am beginning to wonder. The current market behavior is simply irrational, in a word.

Disclosures: None.

No comments: