Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I am Totally Doubting My Vote.

I voted for Obama. I have for years liked McCain but during the election he caved too much to the far right and made some rather radical statements, and then he had Governor Palin as VP and I had no choice. Not that I was adverse to Obama, but I was not totally sold on him and among Republicans McCain was one I felt I could support. I am still not saying I would vote for McCain, especially with his inexperienced Alaskan sidekick (not saying here that I like Biden, but he has some experience), but I would have many more reservations about Obama if I knew then what I know now. I did not vote for him in the primary and now I believe I was right.

So why so down on Obama? Well, he is paying attention on the financial front to idiots. You know, like Geithner, Summers, Bernanke, Paulson and the like. Meanwhile he is ignoring tons of respected economists who say to nationalize and break up the too big to fail idiots that brought us her. He is ignoring his respected advisors. He is building a new bubble, inspiring people to spend when they need to save. Building new problems, I suspect for political banefits, not benefits to the country. I am truly disheartened by his financial performance to date and truly believe we are financially in a very, very precarious state at this moment.

One man I respect is Paul Volcker. One reason I voted for Obama is that he had Volcker on his staff of economic advisors. Now the elected idiot is ignoring (and has for some time) his most knowlegeable and least biased advisor. WAKE UP OBAMA AND LISTEN TO THIS MAN!! HE IS SAYING THINGS FOR THE NATIONAL GOOD, NOT THE WALL STREET GOOD!! If this jerk does not wake up soon I will actively campaign against him in three years, probably sooner.

http://business.theatlantic.com/2009/10/volckers_quest_to_reinstate_glass-steagall.php#

Disclosures: I am a life long Democrat and doing this post was totally against my grain but someone has to do it.

No comments: