Monday, December 5, 2011

That's Going to Leave a Bruise

Everything was sailing fine. Central banks circling the wagons, governments saying some smarter things, I got my closet cleaned out - everything was simply dandy. Then that old fuddy duddy S&P had to come out this evening with a credit rating watch (like expect a downgrade for some soon) on several EU countries, including France and Germany (okay, France has been suspect for a while but Germany?, seriously). I suspect the strong market gains we have seen of late are going to be shaved back a tad. Nothing too terrible, but a shave nonetheless - at least for now. Long term, I do not see a tad, but I am not about to try to predict how long the powers that be in EU can keep this ship afloat. They already surpassed my expectations by at least a year. But the darn thing will sink in time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16042346

No comments: