Thursday, April 16, 2009

Are We There Yet?

I am really thinking now, due to the market reaction over the past month or so and the fine result by Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan that we have reached a real bottom. Forgive me for saying otherwise over the past few weeks or months. I was totally off-base and had no basis for what I was saying. I am now Mr. Bull and expecting a fine recovery in short order.

Then again, that last paragraph is total BS. I am not a convert just yet. Yes, I am definitely seeing some possibly positive signs in terms of housing perhaps finding a bottom in some markets and the rate of unemployment perhaps slowing, but my view of certain fundamentals is not saying we are there yet. We have a ways to go from what I am looking at and from what the IMF is looking at. The IMF is now saying this will be long and nasty. Go figure.

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2009/04/imf-warns-downturn-will-be-prolonged.html

Sorry for the short post but I bowled this evening. Over the next few days I am going to a funeral and will not be posting.

Disclosures: None.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not yet.. What has really changed? New Laws? No one's has been put in jail jet and it would appear that the current president is using the same tricks as the previous one. It appears that many more will lose more of what is left of their savings.